HCA Holdings, Inc
Job Code: 26598-1410
Days (rotating weekends)
SECTION COORDINATOR MEDICAL CENTER OF TRINITY
Equipped with the best healing practices, brightest medical teams and the most advanced medical technologies, Medical Center of Trinity, a new 290 bed, state-of-the-art, all private room hospital located on a 50-acre campus, serves the fast growing communities of Pasco, Hillsborough and Pinellas Counties. With a healthcare team that brings over 40 years in a clinical setting and a strong dedication to patient-centered care, our talented RNs and medical professionals are always encouraged to learn, grow and thrive in a supportive atmosphere that celebrates the commitment of our people.
The new tech-savvy hospital offers a variety of programs and services including Emergency Care, Heart & Vascular, Spine & Orthopedics, Cancer Care, and Women's Health & Obstetrics. The hospital is also an Accredited Chest Pain Center, has a Community Comprehensive Cancer Program and features a Blue Distinction Center for hip and knee replacement, as well as spine surgery.
Our Leading Technologies:
Electronic Health Record (EHR)
Electronic Medical Administration Record (eMAR)
Open Bore MRI Scanner
da Vinci Robotic Surgery
At Medical Center of Trinity, protecting life is more than our business, it's our heartfelt passion.
COORDINATOR WEST FLORIDA DIVISION
Section Coordinator is a technical person who performs stat and routine clinical laboratory testing consistent with written procedures under the direction of a laboratory supervisor. Analyzes and reports results on test patient specimens in order to ensure timely and accurate results to clients. Demonstrates and applies the theoretical concepts of clinical laboratory medicine using independent judgment. Coordinates department functions including quality control, personnel training, department maintenance, procedure updates, and represents departments at appropriate organization meetings.
* Performs stat procedures within established turnaround time targets.
* Demonstrates the ability to use good judgment and independent thinking in the correlation and interpretation of patient results.
* Performs quality control procedures per protocol, completes necessary documentation. Assists supervisor and/or department head in assuring that quality control is performed as scheduled.
* Assists supervisor and/or department head in meeting department regulatory agency requirements (CAP, etc.).
* Proficiency testing samples are analyzed according to instructions and are completed within the allowable time frame.
* Assists supervisor and/or department head in training department personnel.
* Equipment is operated correctly and periodic maintenance is performed according to schedule.
* Demonstrates proficiency in operation of the laboratory equipment and automation.
* Utilizes reagents and supplies appropriately and maintains appropriate inventory.
* Prioritizes, performs, or delegates laboratory testing based on accurate patient information, evaluation of staff competencies, productivity guidelines, recognized standards of care, and department policies & procedures.
* Provides constructive feedback and updates to the Laboratory Manager to ensure overall operations run smoothly and consistently within facility-wide objectives.
* Demonstrates ability to lead staff through positive example, maintains effective rapport with others and gains cooperation to effectively deliver department services.
* Maintains laboratory section(s) in accordance with regulatory agencies
* Provides department leadership in the absence of the department supervisor or head.
* Is proficient with information system computer functions relative to job duties.
* Work is organized and performed according to section procedure manual so that work flow can be followed by other personnel.
* Is able to perform specialized and complex department procedures accurately and promptly.
* Takes charge of the department in the absence of the supervisor.
* Consistently completes all required records/documentation pertaining to patient results.
We're hiring top talent today. Apply online now by going to www.MoreCareerChoices.com
* This position is full-time (40 hours per week) nights with rotating weekends.
* Bachelor s Degree in Medical Technology
* State of Florida Supervisor s License
* Some experience with Quality Assurance Regulatory Agency Compliance required.
* 3-5 years of experience as a Medical Technologist with 1-3 years in a clinical laboratory setting with quality assurance and/or point-of-care testing
Last Edited: 04/13/2018
Diversity is valued and actively promoted in the workforce at all levels. We strive to celebrate cultural and other differences and consider them strengths of the organization.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves or absence, compensation and training.
At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, we are the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, a company comprised of locally managed facilities that includes about 165 hospitals and 115 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and England and employing approximately 204,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities. Milton Johnson serves as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of HCA. HCA is committed to the care and improvement of human life and strives to deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare in the communities we serve. Building on the foundation provided by our Mission & Values, HCA puts patients first and works to constantly improve the care we give them by implementing measures that support our caregivers, help ensure patient safety and provide the highest possible quality. Investing in our communities is important to us. HCA typically invests about $1.5 billion annually to keep our facilities modern and up-to-date technologically and to expand and add services where needed. Focusing primarily on communities where the company is a leading healthcare provider, HCA selectively adds new facilities in order to better serve our communities. And because two HCA founders were physicians, we value highly the strong relationships we've created with local physicians. We endeavor to provide them with a wide array of services and modern facilities in order to help them deliver the best possible care.