Biotechnology / Science
Sales / Business Development
Clinical Specialist, Brain Therapies - Seattle/Tacoma
Seattle, WA, 98194, USA
Clinical Specialist, Brain Therapies - Seattle/Tacoma
Seattle, Washington, United States
2 days ago
**CAREERS THAT CHANGES LIVES:**
Bring yourtalents to an industry leader in medical technology and healthcare solutions – we’re a market leader and growing every day. You can be proud to sell medical technologies that are rooted in our long history of mission-driven innovation. Our expanding portfolio delivers measurable clinical and economic value – and opens doors. You will be empowered to shape your own career. We support your growth with the training, mentorship, and guidance you need to own your future success. Together, we can transform healthcare. Join us for a career in sales that changes lives.
At Medtronic, the Clinical Specialist, Brain Therapies provides clinical, technical and product knowledge support to existing and potential customers. Builds and maintains solid customer relationships and provides customer training at all levels. Is responsible for key customer reports as required to support Medtronic ENT/NT products and service. Must perform all duties within the Quality System and BCS requirements.
• Coordinate, schedule and conduct on-site installations with our customers and sales force.
• Responsible for the completion of all surveys and pegboard scans required for quotation and installation.
• Represents Medtronic during image-guided surgeries to provide technical assistance.
• Repairs system hardware and software to maximize system performance.
• Installs software and hardware upgrades.
• Performs system preventative maintenance.
• Provides telephone clinical support to customers.
• Uses UNIX/LINUX commands to modify operating files.
• Fulfills Software and Service Contract obligations.
• Acts as the primary Medtronic customer liaison for repair and technical support issues.
• Provides timely information to the district team regarding customer concerns, issues and market opportunities.
• Calls sites proactively to assess satisfaction and usage levels of products.
• Maintains familiarity with status of calls and issues at customer sites.
• Manages field complaint activity through to full resolution
• Files weekly site visit and customer contact reports for service improvement purposes
• Educates and trains physicians and hospital personnel – OR, Radiology, Central Sterile Processing, Biomedical and Information Technologies – on technical matters relating to our image guided surgery products.
• Provides a clinical resource for surgeons, clinicians and others being trained.
• Updates customers on tips, shortcuts and suggestions, as appropriate.
• Participates in in-house sponsored customer training at designated sites.
• Provides training and resources for hospital staff to enable them to conduct training for their personnel (train the trainer).
• Assists Sales Management and In-house Training departments in educating/training new sales representatives and Clinical Specialists.
• Represents Medtronic during surgical evaluations and demonstrations involving Surgical Technologies products by attending cases and instructing physicians during clinical procedures, as directed by the Regional Sales Director.
• Introduces and/or demonstrates more complex, new image-guided products and applications to physicians and hospital staff.
• Demonstrates image guided surgery products on the show floor and technical suites during major national surgeon meetings.
• Works as a team member with the Regional Sales Director to prioritize customer technical support and service expectation goals.
• Provides potential leads for new products, opportunities and customers to the Area Sales Manager(s) that are uncovered during the course of product demonstrations, evaluations and training.
• Provide input on new product development based on in-field experience.
• Responsible for documentation at new or existing installations
**IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION, THE FOLLOWING BASIC QUALIFICATIONS MUST BE EVIDENT ON YOUR RESUME:**
**REQUIRED EDUCATION AND YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:**
• 2 years related clinical experience with Bachelors, OR
• 1 years related clinical experience with Masters, OR
• 5 years related clinical experience with AS or equivalent certifications, OR
• 8 years related clinical experience
**DESIRED/PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE:**
• RT and/or MRI certification
• Prior experience with Image Guided Systems
• Prior experience with MRI
• Operating room experience
**PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:**
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, walk, talk, hear and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. Specific vision abilities required by this job include normal vision.
**Must have a valid driver's license and active vehicle insurance policy. In addition, your driving record will be reviewed and will be considered as part of your application.
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We can accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
**RTG (Restorative Therapies Group) OVERVIEW:**
The Restorative Therapies Group develops life-restoring therapies and healthcare solutions that span the care continuum; integrating technologies and applying clinical and economic evidence to increase patient access, improve efficiency of procedures and deliver successful patient outcomes.
SPINE shapes spine surgery for the better; delivering procedural solutions and therapeutic biologics and partnering with other healthcare stakeholders to accelerate innovations that can improve surgical efficiencies and help create better outcomes for more patients.
BRAIN THERAPIES offers an integrated portfolio of devices
and therapies for the treatment of neurological disorders and diseases, as well as surgical technologies designed to improve the precision and workflow of neuro procedures.
PAIN THERAPIES offers solutions — from early interventional procedures to implantable surgical technologies — that treat chronic pain as well as pain from spinal fractures, cancer and severe spasticity.
SPECIALTY THERAPIES offers a broad portfolio that addresses urologic and gastrointestinal disorders, conditions of the ear, nose and throat, as well as electrosurgical products for soft tissue dissection and hemostatic sealing of soft tissue and bone.
It is the policy of Medtronic to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Medtronic will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
This employer participates in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For further information about the E-Verify program, please click here: http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Back to search results
View Similar Jobs:
View more Clinical Specialist Jobs
View more Biotechnology / Science Jobs
View more Healthcare Jobs
View more Sales / Business Development Jobs
View more Medtronic Jobs
View More Jobs in Seattle, WA:
View more jobs in Seattle, Washington
Clinical Specialist jobs in Seattle, Washington
Biotechnology / Science jobs in Seattle, Washington
Healthcare jobs in Seattle, Washington
Sales / Business Development jobs in Seattle, Washington
Medtronic jobs in Seattle, Washington
View More Jobs in WA:
View more jobs in Washington
Clinical Specialist jobs in Washington
Biotechnology / Science jobs in Washington
Healthcare jobs in Washington
Sales / Business Development jobs in Washington
Medtronic jobs in Washington
View all Featured Jobs
About the Daily Gazette
Terms of Service
Browse All Jobs
Browse By Location
Browse By Category
Browse By Company
Post A Job
Website : http://www.medtronic.com/
Medtronic, Inc. manufactures and sells device-based medical therapies worldwide. The company operates in two segments, Cardiac and Vascular Group, and Restorative Therapies Group. The Cardiac and Vascular Groups products include pacemakers; implantable defibrillators; leads and delivery systems; ablation products; electrophysiology catheters; products for the treatment of atrial fibrillation; information systems for the management of patients with cardiac rhythm disease management (CRDM) devices; coronary and peripheral stents and related delivery systems; therapies for uncontrolled hypertension; endovascular stent graft systems; heart valve replacement technologies; cardiac tissue ablation systems; and open heart and coronary bypass grafting surgical products. The Restorative Therapies Group offers products for various areas of the spine; bone graft substitutes; biologic products; trauma, implantable neurostimulation therapies, and drug delivery devices for the treatment of chronic pain, movement disorders, obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), overactive bladder, urinary retention, and fecal incontinence and gastroparesis; external insulin pumps; subcutaneous CGM systems; products to treat conditions of the ear, nose, and throat; and devices that incorporate advanced energy technology. It also manufactures and sells image-guided surgery and intra-operative imaging systems; and provides Web-based therapy management software solutions. The company serves hospitals, physicians, clinicians, and patients in approximately 140 countries. Medtronic, Inc. was founded in 1949 and is headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota.