Hitachi Medical Systems America, Inc.
Ultrasound Clinical Applications Specialist--Cardiovascular
Location: Midwestern US (Chicago, IL, Indianapolis, IN, Cleveland, OH,
Dayton, OH metro areas preferred)
The Ultrasound Clinical Applications Specialist position exists to
recognize individuals who have demonstrated excellence in the
fulfillment of the clinical applications responsibilities as well as
extensive experience and superior product knowledge with the Hitachi
product line. Additionally, the Applications Specialists will be
called on to support luminary physician accounts and to provide
training and support to Applications Specialists (particularly new
hires) as needed.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
The fundamental responsibility of this position is to provide
diagnostic ultrasound clinical applications support to the Hitachi
Healthcare Americas (HHA) field sales team and to HHA s customers. The
major responsibilities include the following:
* Operation and demonstration of the Hitachi ultrasound system(s),
in a clinical setting, for sales demonstrations.
* Provide customer training and installation of Hitachi systems at
new customer accounts.
* Provide continuing clinical and product support to the HHA
customer base as required.
* Provide clinical training and support at HHA luminary physician
* Provide general clinical and product application support to the
HHA sales and marketing team.
* Professionally represent the company and demonstrate the features,
benefits and clinical applications of Hitachi products at trade
* Develop, recommend and implement product demonstration strategies.
* Collect clinical images appropriate for use in sales promotional
* Support Service product troubleshooting in situations where
product and clinical expertise is required to determine whether a
customer problem is in the operation of the system (operator
error) or by being the authority to judge if a system is up to a
reasonable expectation of that particular HHA model s performance.
* Provide support in the clinical evaluations of new products or new
* Learn and maintain expert level knowledge of Hitachi product
features, operation and application.
* Extensive travel is required.
* Bachelor s Degree accredited Radiology Technologist program.
* Formal training in the clinical utilization of diagnostic
* Experience as a clinical sonographer. Preferably at a university
or academic setting.
* Previous commercial experience is desirable but not an absolute
* RDMS certification is required. Multi-specialties required include
OB/GYN, Abdomen, and Vascular.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
* The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job:
* Usual office and clinical working conditions.
* Ability to use personal, public and air transportation.
* Has sufficient sight to observe to adequately view sonograms,
and to distinguish different colors.
* Has sufficient hearing to respond to and interact with those
involved in demos, training, etc. Has the ability to
distinguish audible sounds of the equipment, such as Doppler.
* Has full use of hands, wrists, and shoulders; can extend the
hands and arms in any direction up to 3-4 feet above the head;
Seize, hold, grasp, turn and otherwise work with both hands;
Pick, pinch, twist or otherwise work with wrists and fingers
of both hands.
* Bend and stoop routinely.
* Have the verbal and written skills sufficient to respond
promptly in communications with co-workers, customers, etc.
* Reside in reasonable proximity to a major airport for easy access
* Valid driver s license with a safe driving record.
* Access to a national credit card for reimbursable business
* Possess skills to organize work and self as necessary to support
travel schedule and customer training activities.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills to support the
needs associated with training others on the operation of medical
imaging equipment and conveying to the Hitachi organization the
status of the application specialist activities.
* Self-motivated to continually learn and teach others.
* Ability to identify customer concerns and product performance
issues with conveying them to the Hitachi organization as well as
provide suggestions and solutions for resolution.
Nothing in this job description restricts management s right to assign
or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
The Essential Functions and Responsibilities outlined represent
typical duties required of the job. The Company will make every effort
to reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities.
Qualified individuals should forward their resume to
* page top
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
Hitachi Medical Systems America, Inc.
Website : http://www.hitachimed.com