HCA Holdings, Inc
Job Code: 26598-1413
MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIST - BRANDON REGIONAL HOSPITAL
Are you looking for advance your career as a Medical Technologist* Become part of an awarding team of Medical Technologist here at Brandon Regional Hospital. We are currently seeking a Medical Technologist for a PRN position. We have a dynamic team of Medical Technologist on staff and we are currently looking to add a Medical Technologist to the team. Our team of Medical Technologist take pride in the medical field. Become a part of our Laboratory and Medical Technologist Team today.
The Medical Technologist performs laboratory testing in one or more sections of the laboratory that assists with the diagnosis of patients. The tasks and responsibilities include:
* Processes specimens, prepares reagents, performs testing procedures; reports and interprets test results.
* Performs quality control testing, instrument maintenance and troubleshooting.
* Verifies analytic accuracy, precision, sensitivity and references ranges for test methods.
* Works with Physician to analyze results and conduct more difficult, non-routine tests.
* Serves as a consultant to medical laboratory technicians and phlebotomists as needed.
* Orients and mentors new staff members.
* Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
BRANDON REGIONAL HOSPITAL
Brandon Regional Hospital is located in the Tampa Bay area along Florida's Gulf Coast. The Hospital is a 438-bed acute care facility offering a number of specialty services including the Heart & Vascular Center, where the latest in cardiovascular surgery and minimally invasive techniques are performed, The Behavioral Health Center, The Women's Center, which includes our Baby Suites and 22 bed neonatal intensive care unit, The Reflux Center and a designated Bariatric Center of Excellence.
We offer more specialties, more special opportunities and more ways for you to express your passion for quality and expand your potential for success. Join us at Brandon Regional, part of the growing HCA West Florida hospital system. Our friendly community hospital boasts a close-knit caring staff of professionals that looks out for its family, neighbors and friends.
Make excellence your goal by joining our team of Respiratory Therapist and family of hospitals. To learn more and to apply, go to www.MoreCareerChoices.com
* This position is a weekend shift with up to 24 hours per week.
* Candidate needs to be flexible to cover multiple locations (FSED in Plant City and Temple Terrace).
* Nationally recognized certification as a medical technologist.
* Florida State Licensure as a MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIST in all Laboratory areas is required.
* BLOOD BANK experience is required.
* Associates' Degree in medical technology with formal medical technology training. Bachelor's Degree is preferred.
* Minimum 1 year of experience as a Medical Technologist in a hospital laboratory is preferred.
* Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
* Strong team work and collaboration abilities.
* Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, walking, lifting, grasping.
Associate's Degree/College Diploma
Last Edited: 04/13/2018
Diversity is valued and actively promoted in the workforce at all levels. We strive to celebrate cultural and other differences and consider them strengths of the organization.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves or absence, compensation and training.
At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, we are the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, a company comprised of locally managed facilities that includes about 165 hospitals and 115 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and England and employing approximately 204,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities. Milton Johnson serves as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of HCA. HCA is committed to the care and improvement of human life and strives to deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare in the communities we serve. Building on the foundation provided by our Mission & Values, HCA puts patients first and works to constantly improve the care we give them by implementing measures that support our caregivers, help ensure patient safety and provide the highest possible quality. Investing in our communities is important to us. HCA typically invests about $1.5 billion annually to keep our facilities modern and up-to-date technologically and to expand and add services where needed. Focusing primarily on communities where the company is a leading healthcare provider, HCA selectively adds new facilities in order to better serve our communities. And because two HCA founders were physicians, we value highly the strong relationships we've created with local physicians. We endeavor to provide them with a wide array of services and modern facilities in order to help them deliver the best possible care.