The Advisory Board Company
Our Performance Technologies offer user-friendly, web-based analytical tools to help hospitals make educated, timely decisions in important areas such as physician alignment, revenue cycle, population health, and clinical operations. We pair our technology with dedicated implementation support and collaborative cohort networking—all grounded in best practice research. The results: more than 60% of U.S. inpatient admissions flow through our technology platforms, which log more than 1.6 million user sessions annually.
The current opening is on the Crimson Market Advantage team and is based in Washington D.C. or Austin, TX.
- Provide on-site and off-site assessments and consulting services for a portfolio of clients
- Analyze institutions’ operational, clinical, and/or financial performance
- Diagnose issues, identify root causes, and drive change management initiatives
- Present to senior level clients and foster relationships with client executive teams
- Facilitate client calls and in-person meetings
- Master the functionality of the business intelligence software and develop expertise in product terrain
- Train clients on the use of business intelligence software
- Identify potential issues that will impede success and recommend corrective action
- Maintain and share business and technical expertise with clients and other staff
- Set and execute against project milestones
- Partner with Account Management team to help drive renewals of membership programs
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Work experience in health care industry
- Demonstrable analytical reasoning or quantitative analysis
- Possess 4 years of professional experience in at least four of the following:
- Master’s degree or MBA
- Consulting experience
- Prior experience leading a team
- Experience owning client relationships
- Proven ability to prioritize across multiple projects
- Experience presenting to senior executive level audience or facilitating training sessions
- Highly self-sufficient with ability to work autonomously
- Professional experience in clinical setting
- Willingness to travel 30-60% domestically (varies by product)
- Valid driver’s license
- Subject Matter Expertise in one or more of the following areas of hospital operations: revenue cycle management, supply chain, clinical utilization, throughput and efficiency, and/or quality improvement
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in a team
- Master’s degree in business, health care administration or other health care-related field
- Background in health care consulting
- Possess analytical reasoning abilities related to understanding root cause analysis
- Ability to create compelling stories validated with data and proven best practice research
- Ability to build client relationships that result in new business opportunities
- Experience creating client-ready presentations through the use of advanced PowerPoint techniques
- Experience working within health care related data
- Proven ability to prioritize across multiple projects and relationships
- Possess intellectual curiosity, persistence and creativity in problem solving
- Team-oriented but also highly self sufficient and self motivated
About Advisory Board
Advisory Board is a best practices firm that uses a combination of research, technology, and consulting to improve the performance of 4,400 health care organizations. Headquartered in Washington, D.C., with offices worldwide, Advisory Board forges and finds the best new ideas and proven practices from its network of thousands of leaders, then customizes and hardwires them into every level of member organizations, creating enduring value. For more information, visit www.advisory.com
We are a workplace that...
Values and celebrates diversity of experience, culture, and opinion
Is committed to creating an inclusive environment to enhance our collective experience
Promotes a supportive community through staff-led affinity groups, events, and education
Our Culture & Values:
We award, promote, and praise based on individual performance, capabilities, and ambition. We provide ways for staff to share their time, talent, and passions in the community. We reward innovation and foster a collaborative environment. We have a performance-driven staff and peers that challenge one another in the workplace. And we want free-thinkers, agile speakers, witty writers, and team players to join the firm – at Advisory Board, your ideas are heard and your contributions matter.
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, Advisory Board offers a competitive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, dependents eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- 20 days paid time off and 10 paid company holidays
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here
Advisory Board is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.
The Advisory Board Company is a global research, consulting, and technology firm helping hospital and health system leaders improve the quality and efficiency of patient care. We provide strategic guidance, actionable insights, and comprehensive implementation and management services. Through our membership model, we collaborate with executives and their teams to find and implement the best solutions to their toughest challenges. We appreciate the trust that our members place in us, and we seek to serve them with generosity—and beyond expectation—in all that we do.We believe that good ideas are transformative, the key to successful enterprise. Our job is to find the best ideas.We combine the analytical, clinical, managerial, and technological expertise of our staff with insights from over 100,000 interviews with executives, academics, policy makers, and consultants from our global network to find solutions to our members’ most pressing challenges. From our experts across the globe to the leadership team driving corporate strategy, our staff embodies the principles that have guided The Advisory Board Company since its inception.