Doctors Hospital at Renaissance
Reports to the Director, Clinical Informatics. Responsible for planning, implementing and supporting Physician/nursing/clinical End-User Training. Will assist in supporting all Clinical Informatics applications and projects including the Physician EMR Resource Room. Coordinates project and support resources and communication between teams within the IS Department and end-user departments; works independently and within team structures across the organization. Individual will also provide clinical support for McKesson Paragon, Cerner, GE and other 3rd party free-standing or integrated systems and modules. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, patient care applications such as nursing, cardiology, emergency department, EMR applications, physician inpatient applications, and surgical applications.
1. Responsible for the physician training including but not limited to one-one training, classroom training, and EMR Resource room training and support.
2. Responsible for assisting to provide end-user department training and updates on new solution and functionality changes.
3. Maintains a positive effective relationship between clinical and non-clinical departments by acting as a liaison between various departments. Works with nursing department, physicians and other clinical staff to review, recommend and implement workflow and technical solutions that address operational, procedural and systems related issues within and across hospital departments and physician offices.
4. Works with all levels of leadership and staff to plan, implement and support the overall direction of Nursing / Physician / Clinical applications resources that support the goals and objectives of DHR.
5. Responsible for the implementation, maintenance, and ongoing improvement of Nursing / Physician / Clinical systems to ensure they provide the needed results for physicians, nursing, and clinical staff.
6. Plans, analyzes and recommends new software and hardware improvements to ensure that the Nursing / Physician / Clinical systems remain technologically current and DHR is getting good value for available resources.
7. Ensures that departmental and technical standards as they affect Nursing / Physician / Clinical systems and departments are followed.
8. Indentifies and analyzes the design of work process, systems flows, and systems utilization. Recommends and implements appropriate changes to improve work effectiveness, productivity, efficiency that support the overall goals of the department and across the DHR organization.
9. Stays abreast of latest developments, advancements, and trends in Nursing / Physician / Clinical information technology by attending seminars, reading professional journals, and communicating with other IT professionals. Shares knowledge gained with collegues and integrates knowledge in current work practices.
10. Maintain knowledge of applicable rules, regulations, policies, laws and guidelines that impact healthcare information technology. Develops effective internal controls that promote adherence to applicable state/federal laws, and the program requirements of accreditation agencies and federal, state and private health plans. Seeks advice and guidance as necessary to ensure proper understanding.
11. Will assist setting up users and maintaining security/access to Cerner and other EMR-related software.
12. Facilitates super-user support system and provides on-going support and training (including New Hire, One on One, and Departmental) to physicians, nursing and other clinical and non-clinical (as appropriate) users.
13. Coordinate connectivity, implementation, training, and support for physicians and physician staff to use DHR information system(s) and other associated tools to support patient care.
14. Assist departments with software requirements definition, updates, maintenance and procedures.
15. Develops and maintains nursing / physician / clinical applications training materials and associated training resources for all hospital departments, physicians, and their staff.
16. Effectively communicates all findings and updates to team members and leadership in a timely manner.
17. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Registered Nurse licensed in the state of TX with a minimum of three years experience in direct patient care (ICU, Telemetry, Med/Surg, etc.) and knowledge of the Joint Commission accreditation standards and applicable Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and State of Texas laws and regulations required. Experience implementing and supporting clinical system applications is strongly preferred. Incumbent must possess a demonstrated ability to be self-directed with excellent organizational, analytical, writing, and interpersonal skills. Individual must have proven problem/project determination, analysis and management skills.
Doctors Hospital at Renaissance
Phone : (956) 362-8677
Website : http://www.dhr-rgv.com
Doctors Hospital at Renaissance (DHR) is a 500+ bed physician-owned health system that offers some of the most comprehensive medical care on the U.S. Southern Border. From general acute care services and graduate medical education to individually-tailored wellness and preventative health programs, at DHR over 650 physicians and more than 1,200 nurses dedicate themselves to offering a full continuum of care in over 70 different sub-specialties. DHR was founded in 1997 to help over 1.3 million residents resolve limited health care access challenges in a community that lacked public and county hospitals. Today, we are working to forge a new integrated health care delivery model that incorporates patient navigation, electronic medical records, population-based care, graduate medical education and superior quality and efficiency to meet every patient’s health needs.