McLean Hospital is a comprehensive psychiatric hospital committed to providing easy access to superior quality, cost-effective mental health services in the Boston area, Massachusetts and beyond. Since 1811, McLean Hospital has been a world leader in the treatment of mental illness and chemical dependency, research into the cause of mental illness and the training of generations of mental health care providers. McLean's multidisciplinary programs treat a broad range of psychiatric illnesses across the full continuum of care.
The Cognitive and Clinical Neuroimaging Core (CCNC) is dedicated to studying the relationship between substance use, cognition, and psychiatric disorders using various magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) techniques and neuropsychological, clinical, and diagnostic instruments. Most recently, we have focused on examining the brain as it relates to both recreational and medical marijuana use, and have several ongoing studies related to assessing how various marijuana-related variables impact cognition, clinical state, brain structure and function.
Working independently and under very general supervision from a manager or Principal Investigator provides support to clinical research studies. May be responsible for the following activities: Making independent judgment of suitability of potential participants for research studies, developing and implementing subject recruitment strategies, running subject visits, and data entry and quality control/integrity checks.
All McLean team members are expected to consistently demonstrate our values of integrity, compassion, respect, diversity, teamwork, excellence and innovation in their work activities and interactions.
1. BS OR BA
2. At least one year of work experience in a research setting.
3. Sound independent judgment and competence in research methodologies.
· Ability to work independently.
· Analytical skills and the ability to resolve technical or research problems and issues and to interpret the acceptability of data results.
· Excellent interpersonal skills are required for working with the study participants.
· Good oral and written communication skills.
· Knowledge of clinical research protocols.
· High degree of computer literacy.
· Excellent organization skills and ability to prioritize a variety of tasks.
· Careful attention to detail.
· Ability to demonstrate professionalism and respect for subject's rights and individual needs.
· Knowledge of data management programs.
All employees must possess basic computer skills to use a variety of electronic or online systems for communication, clinical and administrative purposes.
It is the
policy of McLean Hospital to affirmatively provide equal opportunity to all
qualified applicants for employment and existing employees without regard to
their race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, protected
veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or
any other basis that would be in violation of any applicable law or regulation.
Partner's Healthcare is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required: