PeaceHealth is seeking a MT or MLT - Cottage Grove PH Labs (Per Diem) for a per diem, Variable shift position.
Req ID: 158993
Relocation Assistance Available!
This position may require working weekends and holidays
MLT - JOB SUMMARY
Responsible for performing a broad range of laboratory procedures and tests and may concentrate performing those duties in one of the following areas; blood banking, chemistry, hematology, immunology and microbiology or drug testing services.
MLT - ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
1. Collects, processes and performs a variety of moderate and high complexity tests on specimens and complete all documentation.
2. Maintains equipment and records, monitors tests and procedures to perform quality assurance activities related to test performance.
3. Participates in the evaluation fo new techniques and procedures which includes evolution of impact to personnel, equipment requirements, space, method of comparison, cost analysis, establishment of reference intervals, standard operating procedures and based on outcomes develops recommendations as well as assists with the implementation of any changes.
4. Gives direction and guidance to other caregivers, trains new caregivers and students. Provides in-services which apply toward the continuing education requirements and in alignment with the continuing education program.
5. Consults with clinicians, supervisor and other caregivers as appropriate on test results, requirements and testing protocols.
6. Maintains appropriate records for specimens, tests and data. Utilizes computer systems in reporting and documenting analysis.
7. Participates in department in-services and continuing education programs, attending lectures, workshops and video presentation as required. Participates in required competency assessment and proficiency testing activities. Provides active (CAP, HIPPA, etc.) support.
8. May perform CAP (College of American Pathologists) compliance duties to include: periodic record reviews; equipment and test validation; development and maintenance of policy, procedure and guidance documents; proficiency testing and competency management; CAP inspection preparation, assessment and follow up; and technical and procedural advisement and referral.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
MLT - QUALIFICATIONS
Website : http://www.peacehealth.org
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Washington, is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 800 physicians and providers, a comprehensive laboratory system, and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues to serve communities when invited to do so with a spirit of collaboration and stewardship.