SCCA Proton Therapy Center, a ProCure Center
Job ID 10796
Type Regular Full-Time
Company Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
Category Clinical Research Support Services
More information about this job
Cures Start Here. At Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, home to three Nobel laureates, interdisciplinary teams of world-renowned scientists seek new and innovative ways to prevent, diagnose and treat cancer, HIV/AIDS and other life-threatening diseases. The Centers five scientific divisions collaborate to form a unique environment for conducting basic and applied science. Vaccine and Infectious Diseases Division (VIDD), works to eliminate or minimize the impact of globally significant infectious diseases. Within VIDD is the Statistical Center for HIV/AIDS Research & Prevention (SCHARP) which provides statistical support and data management to researchers worldwide in the fight against HIV/AIDS with active studies in the U.S., Africa, Latin America, Asia and Europe. Join us and make a difference! Careers Start Here.
Statistical Center for HIV/AIDS Research and Prevention (SCHARP) at Fred Hutch is seeking a Clinical Coding Specialist to abstract and code Adverse Events (AEs) and Concomitant Medications (ConMeds) information from clinical trials Case Report Forms (CRFs) using the Medical Dictionary for Regulatory Activities (MedDRA) and WHO Drug Dictionary (WHO-DD) tools. The Clincial Coding Specialist will coordinate the collection and entry of study site-specific laboratory reference ranges and manages the lab normal range database.
* Using the clinical coding tools and other established SCHARP guidelines, select the clinical code most closely aligned with the adverse event being reported. Review reported AEs and ConMeds to identify inadequate, ambiguous or unclear medical terms/medications and generate queries
* On request, assist other members of the clinical coding and safety staff with information from the MedDRA and WHO-DD Coding tools
* Review coded data to ensure coding is both correct and codes are applied consistently across all studies in accordance with established standard operating procedures
* Participate in the DAIDS MedDRA Implementation Workgroup. Actively participate in cross-network conference calls with other Statistical Data Monitoring Centers to establish consistent coding practices for DAIDS sponsored clinical trials
* Participate in MedDRA and WHO-DD trainings to remain up to date on procedural and coding changes, as well as standard industry practices
* Participate on SCHARP working groups, special projects, and attend network meetings and/or study meetings as needed
* Assist Clinical Coding and Safety Manager in identifying and initiating requests for new medical terms and/or changes to the clinical dictionaries
* Coordinate the collection and entry of study site-specific laboratory reference ranges. Assist in the management of the reference ranges database
* Works independently on daily activities with minimal supervision. Has a comprehensive understanding of job scope and demonstrates good judgment and capability in managing time and multitude of tasks
* BA/BS degree with medical record science or related field desired
* Understanding of medical terminology and diagnosis desired
* Minimum of two years of clinical coding experience required utilizing the MedDRA and WHO-DD Coding tools. Experience with Medidata Rave EDC acceptable in lieu of MedDRA and WHO-DD experience.
* Basic computer skills i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint required
Our Commitment to Diversity
We are committed to cultivating a workplace in which diverse perspectives and experiences are welcomed and respected. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and VEVRAA Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political ideology, or membership in any other legally protected class. We are an Affirmative Action employer. We encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds to apply and desire priority referrals of protected veterans. If due to a disability you need assistance/and or a reasonable accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please send a request to our Employee Services Center at ********************* or by calling ************.
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
SCCA Proton Therapy Center, a ProCure Center