HCA Holdings, Inc
Memorial Health University Medical Center (MHUMC)
is a 612-bed hospital in
. We opened our doors in 1955 and have evolved into the most advanced healthcare provider in the region. We are a regional referral center for heart care, cancer care, trauma care, children's care, high-risk pregnancies, and high-risk newborn care. Our hospital includes the region's only Level 1 trauma center, the region's only children's hospital, and the Savannah campus of Mercer University School of Medicine. Memorial Health proudly serves 35 counties across southeast Georgia and southern South Carolina.
Responsible for preparation and storage of all specimens and necessary documentation. Prepares stains and slides for reading by cytotechnologist or review by pathologist.
1. Prepare and maintain reagents and equipment.
2. Prepare slides and reports in a timely fashion, ensuring Q. C. are met.
3. Maintain procedures and records to meet all regulatory standards.
4. Perform other duties as necessary for efficient operation of the department
5. Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, qualify of care or the services delivered.
6. Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
7. Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient’s care which results in patient harm.
8. Attends inservice presentations and completes all mandatory education requirements.
9. Uses Performance Improvement Plan to improve patient safety.
10. Regular, Punctual and dependable attendance.
11. Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
• Two year Associate Degree required
• Licensed Cytologist required
• C.T. (ASCP) preferred
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
• Less than one year required
• 1-3 years preferred
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
• Good interpersonal and customer relation skills
• Full technical knowledge of Cytology
• Computer skills
• Ability to read, follow instructions and work independently
Georgia-Savannah-Memorial Health UMC Savannah
HCA Holdings, Inc
Website : http://hcahealthcare.com
At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, we are the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, a company comprised of locally managed facilities that includes about 165 hospitals and 115 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and England and employing approximately 204,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities. Milton Johnson serves as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of HCA. HCA is committed to the care and improvement of human life and strives to deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare in the communities we serve. Building on the foundation provided by our Mission & Values, HCA puts patients first and works to constantly improve the care we give them by implementing measures that support our caregivers, help ensure patient safety and provide the highest possible quality. Investing in our communities is important to us. HCA typically invests about $1.5 billion annually to keep our facilities modern and up-to-date technologically and to expand and add services where needed. Focusing primarily on communities where the company is a leading healthcare provider, HCA selectively adds new facilities in order to better serve our communities. And because two HCA founders were physicians, we value highly the strong relationships we've created with local physicians. We endeavor to provide them with a wide array of services and modern facilities in order to help them deliver the best possible care.