CAREERS THAT CHANGES LIVES:
Bring your talents to an industry leader in medical technology and healthcare solutions - were a market leader and growing every day. You can be proud to sell medical technologies that are rooted in our long history of mission-driven innovation. Our expanding portfolio delivers measurable clinical and economic value - and opens doors. You will be empowered to shape your own career. We support your growth with the training, mentorship, and guidance you need to own your future success. Together, we can transform healthcare. Join us for a career in sales that changes lives.
This position supports the Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS) Therapy group in the areas of surgical coverage, follow-up, support, troubleshooting, customer service and education within a territory. In certain instances this person may be engaged in basic market development activities depending upon the needs of the assigned territory.
- Represents Medtronic DBS during surgeries and implants by providing all necessary equipment and products required for the implant, demonstrates expertise in all aspects of implant, follow-up support and troubleshooting techniques (such as proper device selection, appropriate programming, correct implantation and testing of all device systems).
- Maintains current knowledge about assigned products and services as well as competitive products.
- For new and existing accounts, this position is able to proactively identify needs and teach a broader level of caregivers and account employees. This position educates and trains physicians, hospital personnel and office staff on technical matters relating to our products and therapies. This is achieved by coordinating: one on one sessions, in service education programs, seminars and/or outside symposiums.
- Assists district manager and in-house training department in education/training of new employees in the district (therapy consultants, clinical specialists, field clinical engineers, etc.).
- Provides sales support during or following cases such as completing the necessary documentation (for example: implant registration, temporary id cards, packing list) and is able to execute invoices in a variety of different situations.
- This position is able to place an order with customer service for pending purchase orders and product replacement.
- Maintains open and effective communication with all district personnel, customers and other Medtronic employees.
- Contributes to the completion of milestones associated with specific projects at the regional and/or national level.
- Ensure personal understanding of all quality policy/system items that are personally applicable. Follow all work/quality procedures to ensure quality system compliance and high quality work.
- Performs other related activities, as assigned.
- Frequent required travel to customer clinics, hospitals and offsite meetings. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers.
- Associate Degree and 6 years of clinical/healthcare or medical device/pharmacology experience; or
- Bachelors Degree and 4 years of clinical/healthcare or medical device/pharmacology experience
- Bachelors degree in health care related field
- Masters degree
- Registered nurse or HCP with experience in a sterile environment
- Clinical experience with implantable neurological products and patient care
- Experience in servicing medical personnel on product use
- Experience with a medical device company or pharmaceutical company, and clinical experience in a specialty area: neurology, neurosurgery, orthopedic, operating room, pain management, or home health care
- Understands basic reimbursement and healthcare environment
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work under pressure
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Required to function using healthcare universal precautions to minimize exposure to infectious disease and radiation
- Clinical Specialists serve as the primary resource for scheduled and unscheduled clinical events
- Clinical Specialists are periodically required to work weekends, evenings and nights and may be required to engage in overnight travel within own district or neighboring districts
- Able to work efficiently and autonomously with little direction when outside of clinical events
- Required to attend national meetings, district meetings and other training as requested
- Ability to wear a 7-9 lbs protective lead apron for extended periods of time in the operating room
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs
- Sitting, standing and/or walking for up to eight plus hours per day
- Frequent bending/stooping, squatting and balance
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus in relation to travel and operating a personal computer.
- Must have a valid drivers license and active vehicle insurance policy. In addition, your driving record will be reviewed and will be considered as part of your application.
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We can accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Lets work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients lives. Help us shape the future.
It is the policy of Medtronic to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Medtronic will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
This employer participates in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For further information about the E-Verify program, please click here: ****************************************
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
Website : http://www.medtronic.com/
Medtronic, Inc. manufactures and sells device-based medical therapies worldwide. The company operates in two segments, Cardiac and Vascular Group, and Restorative Therapies Group. The Cardiac and Vascular Groups products include pacemakers; implantable defibrillators; leads and delivery systems; ablation products; electrophysiology catheters; products for the treatment of atrial fibrillation; information systems for the management of patients with cardiac rhythm disease management (CRDM) devices; coronary and peripheral stents and related delivery systems; therapies for uncontrolled hypertension; endovascular stent graft systems; heart valve replacement technologies; cardiac tissue ablation systems; and open heart and coronary bypass grafting surgical products. The Restorative Therapies Group offers products for various areas of the spine; bone graft substitutes; biologic products; trauma, implantable neurostimulation therapies, and drug delivery devices for the treatment of chronic pain, movement disorders, obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), overactive bladder, urinary retention, and fecal incontinence and gastroparesis; external insulin pumps; subcutaneous CGM systems; products to treat conditions of the ear, nose, and throat; and devices that incorporate advanced energy technology. It also manufactures and sells image-guided surgery and intra-operative imaging systems; and provides Web-based therapy management software solutions. The company serves hospitals, physicians, clinicians, and patients in approximately 140 countries. Medtronic, Inc. was founded in 1949 and is headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota.