Location: Santa Barbara (Buellton)
Status: Full Time, Exempt
SUMMARY: Under general direction, oversees Clinical and Education Services activities for the local service area. Represents AMR to local committees, medical and training institutions, and other related agencies. Responsible for the creation, implementation, and tracking of education programs and the Clinical Quality of the Operation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Assist in recruitment through involvement in area EMS classes and career days.
* Assist in the development of an orientation program and a system of continuing education.
* Actively participate in and/or develop a process for the evaluation and/or selection of equipment.
* Develop education process to include course objectives, examinations and manuals for use as lesson plans.
* Conduct and coordinate National Registry examinations.
* Conduct orientation classes, IV certification courses, ACLS/PALS instructor certification courses, CPR/AED/National Safety Council first aid instructor courses, and certification courses on Lifepak.
* Work with local physician advisory groups.
* Participate in clinical aspects of problem resolution.
* Oversee any clinical requirements related to contracts, agreements, etc.
* Track and reviews events in response to complaints and/or compliments relating to medical performance.
* Conduct clinical quality assurance investigations immediately upon receiving information regarding a possible protocol or standard of care violation. In most cases, investigation should be completed within 72 hours of initial report. Document findings in writing. Provide timely briefings to Director of Operations on incidents and investigations, as appropriate.
* Responsible for tracking and maintenance of employee certifications and vaccinations in a database.
* Identify, develop, and implement quality improvement (QI) programs. In order to assure clinical excellence, programs should include, but are not limited to proactive and retrospective elements of QI concerning clinical call reviews, chart reviews, and trend analysis for both individual and group clinical performance. Such programs should drive the continuing education (CE) process and related coursed offered to field personnel.
* Responsible for the Field Training Officers (FTOs). This includes, but is not limited to, leading the selection process of FTOs; the monitoring and directing of the FTO program; assisting with development of FTO guidelines and procedures; and coordinating the FTO committee.
* Represent AMR with local EMS education programs and assure integration with internship and preceptor needs.
* Serve as a clinical resource for field and management personnel.
* Assist in the creation/revision of medical policy.
* Oversee clinical aspects of field performance.
* Develop, Monitor, and maintain First Watch/First Pass reports and triggers.
* Represent the Manager of Clinical and Education Services.
* Conduct clinical call reviews and investigations.
* Represents AMR with local EMS education programs.
* Participate in scheduling third riders.
* Coordinate evaluations for local paramedic school candidates.
* Schedule continuing education programs pertinent to field education needs.
* Work with other CES Coordinators to assure standardization of CES programs throughout the service areas.
* Reviews completed patient care reports for accuracy.
* Designs, implements, and reviews utilization management plans.
* Evaluates statistics regarding Medicare, Medicaid, and other billing for review of problem areas.
* Provides clinical support for documentation and billing personnel.
* Participates in appeals processes from a clinical perspective.
* Assists in planning and monitoring managed care utilization review.
* Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
* Adherence to and compliance with information systems security is everyones responsibility. It is the responsibility of every computer user to: Know and follow Information Systems security policies and procedures. Attend Information Systems security training, when offered. Report information systems security problems.
NONESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Perform other duties as required
* High School Diploma or GE
* The following certifications are required:
* BTLS Provider or Instructor certification
* ACLS Instructor certification.
* PALS Instructor certification.
* CPR Instructor Certification
* Current State Certification as a Paramedic.
* Local Paramedic Accreditation.
* Acceptable driving record.
* Minimum of 3 years experience in the direct delivery of pre-hospital advanced life support as a Paramedic
* Applicable State Instructor/Coordinator
* Experience in performing, evaluating, instructing, and coaching all aspects of the delivery of pre-hospital care
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
* Ability to read, write, and speak English
* Basic knowledge of computers and Windows
* Basic knowledge of Continuous Quality Improvement concepts and principle
* Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication
EOE including Veterans and Disabled
login or upload resume to view
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?