Clinical research career may vary depending on the field of research the company is conducting. Clinical research done by huge pharmaceutical companies is made to test the efficacy of new drugs to cure specific diseases. Clinical research employment will depend upon the amount of research that will be provided by a certain company that deals with this kind of field. Clinical research recruiting abounds online and you can submit your resume to as many companies as you like.
When you want to make a name for yourself in the clinical research employment you may need to have certain qualifications and skills in order for you to land the job you always wanted.
- You should obtain a Bachelor's of Science degree as well as 2 years practical research in applied medicine or research in a pharmaceutical environment. Alternatively, even if you have no previous experience as a clinical researcher, you can still get the job if you have an advanced degree in Pham. D., Ph. D., or MD.
- You must have excellent communication or organizational skills as clinical researchers are often called to prepare draft procedures, reports and protocols, as well as prepare presentations for conferences, and meetings. You are also expected to have basic knowledge of data management like Oracle Clinical as well as statistical analysis.
- Clinical researchers are also called ''watchdogs'' because they make sure that the standards and ethical regulatory guidelines are followed or adhered to.
- Try to join the Society of Clinical Research Association because they are a good source for finding the job that you want and they also give annual conferences, as well as advanced certification programs and educational courses.
- Apply online as a research assistant but you can start applying for the jobs that are closely related to the fields of your choice, like physical therapy or nursing, just to get your foot in the door and work your way up to be a clinical researcher.
- Since clinical research is done on healthy and treatable patients when a new medical treatment or drug comes out to test its effectiveness and safety, the research studies pay people thousands of dollars for a few weeks of study so there will never be a shortage of opportunity for you if you qualify. Visit the clinical research facility websites and sign up by filling out a series of forms which only take 15 minutes and be sure to answer the questions truthfully. Visit fairs and travel if necessary, because this is a great resource as you will learn about other facilities and what clinical research they are doing.